- Use the letter slots at your post office to mail letters, or give them to a letter carrier.
- Pick up your mail up promptly after delivery. Never leave your mail in your mail box overnight.
- Install a locked mailbox.
- Don’t send cash in the mail
- Pay bills with an electronic bill payment service
- Ask your bank for “secure” checks that can’t be altered.
- Have your local post office hold your mail while you’re on vacation.
- Exchange, work, vacation schedules with trusted neighbors, so you can watch each other’s mailboxes.If you see someone stealing mail, call 911 immediately; give the operator the suspect and vehicle descriptions.
If you have been a victim of mail theft, contact the U.S. Postal Inspector immediately,
Call (877) 876-2455.
Please advise me when you have been a victim of a mail theft, so I can alert the basic car officers working in your area.
Robert A. Ringler Co-Chair
LAPD West Los Angeles Community Police Advisory Board (C-PAB)
Mobile: (310) 365-5723